Saturday, May 14, 2011

MG RX93-2 Hi-Nu Gundam Review 1

Hahaha, now a bit deviation from what I planned in the previous post.


The Master Grade, RX93-2 Hi-Nu Gundam, it has so many parts to be build, about 20 runners. Compare it with the regular MGs that has about 10-15 runners. But seeing the manual, actually it's quite straight forward, at least easier than the transformable mobile suit like Victory Gundam. It was released in 2007, so it's actually quite old now.

Well now, this review is actually more into "subjective", my personal taste, as I love the Hi-Nu Gundam, so you'd expect many positive things come from me hahaha. And moreover, this post is long, just prepare your time to read, or just enjoy the photos hehehe.


And then.....
I prefer to build the easiest parts from my point of view, so here it is....



Errr... the base stand. Yea that's for sure, this is the easiest part.
For the price around US$70, I guess this stand should be around US$5 if sold.
The base is... beautiful I guess.. It has the Amuro's Insignia of "Nu", and it is equipped with several holes to put the pipes connected to the Fin Funnels. The stand is connected to the Hi-Nu Gundam's back, makes it less visible.


The beam sabers, well... just your usual beam sabers in blue color...






The beam rifle. Well Bandai surely put the gates in a position where the nubmarks will surely visible, just look at that...
Maaan, I really hate the nubs, such an eyesore......

But put that aside, Hi-Nu Gundam's beam rifle is beautiful. The color separation fits so well. Bandai even put some detail behind the rifle's white part.
 
And, moving to the binder. It's very-very simple, and that's all.
As for the fuel tank, there are these parts that come in gold color. Cool...
But again, the fuel tank is built from 2 parts, the seamlines arrrgh, I hate it.
There are some tiny pieces for the fuel tank, make sure you don't lose them.

**Whoa, forgot to take the pics of the finished beam rifle, tail binder, and fuel tanks, might add this later...








The bazooka. Now it is surely bigger than the tiny one of MG Gundam Mk-II v2.0's. Bigger, and the size is more acceptable. Oh FYI, Hi-Nu is about the same height with the Mk-II.
You can see the bazooka of MG Hi-Nu, MG Mk-II, and HGUC Nu in the picture above...

The bazooka's barrel is built from 2 parts, make it has the seamlines, uuuu, eyesore..
As far as I remember, even the newer HGUC Nu Gundam gives us the barrel in one piece.
**Haha, forgot to take the pics of the finished bazooka too..., later update...
The color separation is good.
And.... it's just too bad that the bazooka's ammo is not visible, unlike Nu Gundam's. I'd says the Nu Gundam's bazooka still look better..........


I WANT A MG NU GUNDAM V2.0!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*Cough..




Now, to the shield. Pretty straight build, but the nubs of the blue parts are annoying. Hey... look at the back of the shield, it looks like shrimp.. No? The shield is thicker than your usual shield, so I assume that the shield is more durable. The shield's color is rather unique isn't it?






And here comes the inner frames.

The body : see the parts manual and assemble, as simple as that.
Looks quite pretty eh, the cockpit is kinda nice. We'll see the assembled piece later.

The waist : see the parts manual and assemble, also as simple as that. Standard looks.

The arms : also again, see the parts manual and assemble.
Quite a simple design for the inner frame. The arms could bent to 180 degrees, as usual for the MGs. And the fingers also can be cut into individuals.
Do you notice it? The left and right arms design is different, the left arm is designed to put the shield, while the right one has a gatling gun installed in it.
Hi-Nu Gundam is using the "ball like" connector to connect them to the body, makes them have wider range of articulation.
Cool I say...

Errrr...
I mean..







The legs : now, this is the more complex one. There are pipes that connecting the joints. I decide to paint the pipes in silver, a bad decision since I can't do the paint properly hahahahaha. It looks untidy, I wonder how to make the silver paint looks tidy, any suggestion?

The legs also using the "ball like" connector to connect them to the waist, wider articulation of course.





Moving on, moving on... So to make the inner frame standing, of course we should assemble the feet. OK the feet, as usual nubs and nubs, clean it later with the sky blue marker.
Notice the difference with the HGUC version? Yea, the emboss is reversed.
The feet also has a gimmick, and that is the claws.
Other than that, it's just your regular MG feet.
Oh hey, actually the legs inner frame is quite sexy, check out the detail.... Too bad that the detail is hidden behind the outer armors.
FYI, the legs could bent 180 degrees too.



The decals, foil stickers, and clear stickers. Not really much, gonna put them later.






The head : I feel that the inner frame will look kinda weird if it doesn't have the head. So here I go, the head. The head consists of two separate parts. I like the HGUC's version more, because it came with just one part, make it "seamline"less.
I wonder why some Gundam's eyes just very less visible, is it to make them looks sinister? The Hi-Nu Gundam is the same, the eyes are less visible.
Be careful with the v-fin, it's very fragile, I put the fragile parts in a separate small plastic box to ensure its safety...
And anyway, there's an unique thing about the v-fin's blue part. There's a Hi-Nu detail written there, it's so small that you have to do the magnification to make it visible. Nice haha...



Assemble assemble assemble, now the completed inner frame.
Gorgeous I'd say, and then now, just enjoy the pics. Actually I really enjoyed seeing the details of the inner frame. Such a fine piece of art.











Pegasus (err..... Unicorn) Ryuseiken

Reppa fuujinken!!
Guess from what series is this?


Whoa, just look at those number of parts!!! It's not the assembly process that's difficult... It's the cutting and cleaning process..










And then the fin funnels and the funnels dock, MG Hi-Nu Gundam comes with 6 fin funnels, and extra burst effects. Hey it's a nice electric effect, I wonder if I can use the excess parts for my HGUC Nu / Hi-Nu Gundams. It's said that the fin funnels could form a pyramid of light, it'd be cool *not* if we have the space haha.


Now........... time for assembling outer armor to the inner frames!!!













The design made the Hi-Nu looks seamless. While the waist armor is interesting because it has extra details, so it doesn't feel empty.

UuuUUuuh, can't wait to assemble all of these parts together.....
Oh, forgot to mention. I won't do any panel line nor other painting hahahaha (except the silver pipes). As usual I'm just your common modelers, truly no skills in those area. Just love to share my interest, that's all hehehe.





Hi-Nu without its funnels....





Aaaaanddddd finish with the straight build!!!


My... with the funnels, the Hi-Nu looks... BIG... OKII ne...
From the front, it surely looks gorgeous, the details are pretty. The color is not your usual RBWY color, so it's kinda "sky blue refreshing".
As from the sides, well.... okayyy..... nothing much to say actually, it looks pretty again..., the shield complementing the overall design, love it.

Now from the backside, with the complete six funnels attached, somehow I feel Hi-Nu looks very "King"ly. You know, I mean the funnels looks like a king coat. The backside is completely truly gorgeous, four thumbs for this design.
Have you ever played Rising Force online? Hi-Nu looks like the one from Hi-Levels Accretians eh? Or maybe somehow resemble Xenogears.


Xenogears vs Hi-Nu Gundam? Hahaha, Xenogears would win this for sure. Hey Bandai, how about MG line for the Xenogears?? Fufufu.



Size comparison with MG Gundam Mk-II v2.0, about the same height. But there is a difference in ellegance for sure. Price tell you no lie...

Oh, and I didn't put the HGUC version picture here, but somehow I feel that the HGUC version's design is better such as the torso and shoulders... Do you think so too?

Did I forget something??? Well I think that's all for now, minus the weapons, shield, fuel tanks, and tail binder pics.... gonna add those later.
And I'll do another post for the Action pics, for now just enjoy the review. Cya then fufufu.

canopy

21 comments:

divinelight said...

wow, your post is really interesting to read :)

good work of finishing this guy, I've build the "other" one of him, the Hi-Nu Fighter already, so I know much of his parts :D

oh yeah, let's exchange links
but I have to post sorry because I could rarely comment because comment in blogspot usually blocked from my office :)

Gundam Gunso said...

This is a great kit. I only have a HG version and that is not even build yet. Good to see you build it first XD

canopy said...

@divine: Thanks ^^. Yea, this guy is already an old one, "Hi-Nu Fighter = Hi-Nu Gundoom"??
Beamknight has also finished his Gundoom, and it looks cool I say.. :D
Sure, let's exchange links bro :)

@Gunso: Fufufufu, the HGUC version is better in term of proportion.. But that's just my personal preference though hehehe.

heathorn said...

Proportion comparison for hguc n MG is not that different I think. MG might have a better proportion, the hguc version is a bit chubby ^^

canopy said...

@heat: Haha, maybe just my personal preference :D, my wifey also said that the HGUC quite chubby, maybe because of the front skirt. :D :D

Tom said...

The HGUC version has a little more thinker legs. I like the look of the Hi-Nu Gundoom as well. ^^

MaftyNavue said...

Woah, nice.. your build really clean eh?

canopy said...

@Tom: fufufu, thicker you mean... :D
@Maft: actually, it's more like the design of the MG HiNu made some nubs not visible. :D

WillK said...

Nice review, now I really want the Hi-Nu. :)

rezarereza said...

wow nice post dude..
this is amazing master grate gundam..

www.baresmodelkitshop.blogspot.com

chubbybots said...

Very good read i must say! Looking forward to your action pictures! Still I prefer the MG proportions over the HGUC version...plus those electrical effects are really nice to have :P

canopy said...

@WillK: Errr, just get it!!
@Rezarereza: True, amazing, and need big space for the funnels.
@Chubbs: Yes, yes, the electric is nice. :D Actually I am still searching for a bigger backdrop and more lamps before taking more pics. MG Hi-Nu is... quite big. :D

gunpla-fenrir said...

Just passing by, I think the HiNu review is very informative. Waiting on your next gundam reviews.

canopy said...

@gunpla-fenrir: Haha, thanks. :)

Ironman said...

I agree about the spruemarks, the gray plastic really made it hard to clean the marks...

iamgundam said...

Hey that's Sensui's move from Yuu Yuu Hakusho right?!

canopy said...

@ironman : haha, any advice on this?
@iamgundam : bingo, that's Sensui for you. :D

Anonymous said...

I was searching the net about MG Hi-Nu review because i would like to see others creation and idea before i built my own Hi-Nu^^
I love MG Hi-Nu too, and i found your post Awesome and Entertaining.

canopy said...

Hahaha, the post is kinda messy eh.. :D :D

gundamshutter said...

I enjoy reading this and all the parts being photographs. I like the photographs also, nice background and lightning... I hope you keep updating this blog.

canopy said...

Wh, thank you, I haven't update this blog for a long time. Maybe sometime in this year....

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...