Saturday, August 20, 2011

HGUC RX93 Nu Gundam Review 1



First of all, I think the gunpla modeling world is interesting. Each modeler has their own way to make their gunplas more appealing.
Some fellows choose to paint their gunpla according to the original scheme, panel line, or do some modifications.And some other fellows choose to paint their gunpla in different schemes, or even making dioramas.

For that case, I choose just to make a clean build on my gunpla, no panel line, no paint, and whatsoever, although usually it's not as clean as I want...
As for this babe, the HGUC Nu Gundam, it's the second HG unit which got my special treatment to put decals on it (The first being the FA7th Gundam). Yep, I choose to make my gunpla more appealing through decals.
This treatment basically because it's one of the first HGs which astonished me with the good look.


Let's start with it, Nu Gundam, the famous mobile suit which is last piloted by the legendary Amuro Ray, and yadayadayada..., check the history elsewhere.


By itself, Nu actually already has good details on it, great color separation. The proportion and build is perfect in my opinion, unlike the older MG version which has big head and small torso.

Well, I put the waterslide decals on every spot possible on the Nu Gundam. Quite satisfied with the result here, the decals add extra details to the previously oh so plain Nu Gundam.



HGUC Nu Gundam comes with a rifle, a shield, a bazooka, and six fin funnels (not showed here). I'm not gonna review the equipments one by one, see the pictures above, what you see is what you get (except the extra decals).


The color separation for each parts is good, even though several parts still need some painting to make it OVA accurate. And no, I didn't paint anything here, so again, what you see is what you get...




I added some more decals, I got the Anaheim parts from the MG MkII's decals, and some others from MG Hi-Nu's. The size of the decals fits very well here.






Sharpened the yellow v-fin here, as usual. The HG's v-fin usually has an ugly excess parts.
Too bad, my Nu insignia for the left shoulder peeled off, I bet Nu will look even better with that.
Now then let's move on to the pose ability of this babe, let's start with the beam saber...











Love the usual "ready to melee" pose. Nu Gundam could pose it very well here. Oh it also has smaller beam saber stored in its left arms, I didn't bother to show it here though.
Up till here, I think the leg and feet part has some real problems which hinder it to pose better. You see, the leg couldn't bend far enough, and the thigh parts has limited range of movement, kind of disappointment here.









Yeah the beam rifle in action, and again, the problems with the legs and thigh really diminish some of Nu Gundam's potential poses. It's kinda hard to pose Nu Gundam with its beam rifle IMHO.
Checkpoint, I feel the chest part kinda weird when I look it from certain angles.



Now for the bazooka..... This must be the best HGUC's bazooka I've seen so far. Maaan, Bandai really did it here for the color separation, they really looks nice here.





Despite that I think it's quite hard to pose with the beam rifle, it's surprisingly easy with the bazooka. Maybe for the bazooka it doesn't really need the dynamic pose to look great. Hmmmm.....




Oh this, I happened to edit one of my photo resulting the above pictures. Kinda like gunpla hand-draw sketch me think....


Errr..... No fin funnels?? Exactly!! No fin funnels, those things make my Nu Gundam can't stand.. They are so back heavy that I despise it so much for putting them. Actually I kinda like the design...., standing issue only.



All of all, just get this unit, the HGUC Nu Gundam really worth it for a 2500 yen gunpla. The unit will looks great standing in your desk.


Well then, cya on another post then.

canopy

12 comments:

Gundam Gunso said...

Your Nu Gundam looks really good despite not mounted with the fin fannels. Not worry about the the 'no painting' part. Every modeler has his or her own characteristics XD

canopy said...

Hahaha, yup, that's why this gunpla modeling world is interesting. But really, sometime I envy people like you who could paint such small parts nicely. :D
Btw, thanks.

Dennis aka Katsuden said...

Nice work on those decals but the Amuro logo on the shoulder seems to have missing. Indeed, Hi Nu is one epic Gundam and like you, I also like a clean plus addition decals and some light panel lines. Those are some cool pics you have taken.

bd77 said...

One of the more definitive HGUC kits around. Comes with good articulation, details, size and colouring.

I felt cheated with the UC series of HGUC kits... since some of the parts that uses the ABS material for the joints are replaced with normal plastic...
Quite evident in the Stark Jegan, Jegan ECOAS and Geara Zulu.

bd77 said...

p.s. forgot to mention, the UC series I'm referring to is the Unicorn.

Anonymous said...

What decal do you use for the Nu? Looks good I say.

canopy said...

@Dennis : Haha, the missing Amuro Logo... pity me, makes the Nu less "Nu"....

@BD : Yep, it is good kit indeed.
As for the Unicorn, I found that the joints' material a bit... weird, especially for the arms joints. Somehow because of the plastic, it just popped out all the time when posing something something. :D

@Anonymous whoever you are haha : I think the decal's name is HQParts or something.

gunpla-fenrir said...

Nu Gundam rocks. Some pictures appear too dark though... :D

canopy said...

@gunpla-fenrir:
Yea, still getting a grasp of photography with dark background. CnC are welcome here. :D

Mitama said...

Nu gundam is currently my favourite hg, good to see the revieew here.

canopy said...

One of my favorite too :), thanks.

Anonymous said...

Nu gundam really deserve a ver 2.0 after Bandai released this awesome HG.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...