Saturday, April 7, 2012

HGUC Gundam RX-78 GP03S Stamen Review 2


I remember when I posted HGUC Stamen's review as my first review on this blog. It was one of my shortest review since it actually "didn't" cover anything other than view photos and sentences hahaha. Today... it's not an actual review, rather, I'm trying to show the result of IXUS210IS in macro.


As the addition, I've thrown some decals on Stamen, it was as plain as vanilla without any decals....




And the results are.... 'unsatisfying'....

That is really one word to describe it.
I truly hate how the IXUS210IS self adjusted the Shutter Speed and Focal Length in 'P' mode, some pictures tend to be too dark, and some are too bright. FYI, the lighting is more than enough. Well......... it wasn't suited for this kind of photos after all. I still love my previous A710IS for this kind of macro photography. At least the A710IS did better in covering my lack of ability in photography....

So,.... I guess I'm gonna wait till my previous camera is fixed. You see, it's quite stressing when the result  you desired isn't fulfilled. Buddhist says that it is 'Dukkha' hahaha.


Oh yes, since this post title is about Stamen's review, I might as well write some of what this babe can do.
.
.
I'll put my thoughts about HGUC Stamen into 'bullets'...

Pros :
  • Lots of hands options.
  • Extended arms gimmicks.
  • Plenty of panel lines space.
  • Quite good looking though.
  • Seam lines are minimum for the upper half, I wished that the knees and the legs could be seamless too.

Cons :
  • It practically can't pose too much, the legs' articulation are one of the worst I've ever seen.
  • The eyes tend to be hidden under the helmet, have too modify a bit for the head. In my case, I use some paper tissues haha.
  • The knees, I'd say it's a setback from the GP01 Zephyrantes's knees. While Zephyrantes has no visible seam lines for the knees, that's not the case for Stamen. The same could be said for the foot's front armor.
  • Neck is not in the right color, again it's a setback compared to GP01.
  • No extra blue stickers for the shield. (Haha, this is personal)
  • Can't be mounted on Action Base 1 or 2, well, more because that this is a 1994 gunpla though.
  • Can't handle the bazooka properly.

That's lots of Cons there, but anyway, Stamen have quite a good look for just standing there.

And that's all for now, c u in the next post then.


As usual, canopy

2 comments:

akita said...

Hi, I found your gunpla reviews really useful. Thanks. :)

leo said...

I recently came across your blog and have been reading along. I thought I would leave my first comment. I don't know what to say except that I have enjoyed reading. Nice blog. I will keep visiting this blog very often.

Alena

Diverticulitis Treatment Diverticulitis Diet

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...